Studio Simpatico is seeking a production coordinator with an incredible eye for detail, stellar communication skills, and a positive attitude to support Studio Simpatico’s team of designers and developers. This role will interact with team members and clients on a daily basis.
- Communicating with clients about deadlines and project timelines;
- Performing meticulously detailed quality assurance testing (checking that developed websites work correctly and match the design requirements before sending to client);
- Uploading content (copy and creative assets) to WordPress websites;
- Managing and manipulating image assets;
- Helping with internal studio work such as posting to and managing company social media accounts;
- SEO tasks such as implementing redirects (note that the candidate is not expected to already have these skills coming into the job);
If you are seeking to support and learn more about the design and development industry, as well as increase your technical and digital marketing skills, this is a fantastic opportunity.
- An incredible eye for detail;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Effective time management and productivity skills;
- Ability to follow the threads of several projects at one time;
- A self-motivated positive attitude;
- An interest in learning more about the business of a design agency;
- An interest to learn, collaborate, and receive constructive feedback
Nice to Have
- Experience with project management and project management software;
- Experience uploading content to WordPress;
- General familiarity with HTML/CSS;
- General familiarity with using design software (Photoshop, Sketch) for production tasks like cropping/resizing photos;
- Willingness to write blog posts and case studies about studio work;
- Willingness to create content for and post on studio social media accounts.
And here’s a little bit more about us:
- Our name (Studio Simpatico) reflects the authentic and collaborative approach we take when working with our clients and each other.
- We’re a boutique studio made up of children of the internet. We’ve been around since Geocities, but we’re lifelong learners intense about keeping up with current trends.
- We’ve been fully remote since the pandemic, but 6/8 of us are in the NYC metro area. (Being local is not a requirement, but our creative team is all here and anticipates returning to in-person client meetings in NYC at some point.)
- We’re overachievers that don’t need micromanagement. We regularly share rich, constructive, and caring feedback, without the ego and office politics. We don’t have time for that.
- We’ve worked at a lot of places (Google, Apple, big agencies, small agencies) — long enough to know we prefer a small studio environment.
- We care about each other. Like, actually care.
- We’re self-aware about how comically organized we all are. We manage our own to do lists, and we all take part in managing our clients’ expectations. Our studio deliberately doesn’t hire project managers.
- We’re not afraid to admit it: We get bored, kinda easily. We love that every day in the life at Simpatico is not like any other day.
- We love our team. We love animals. We are not fans of Donald Trump.
- We loved our whiteboard-heavy studio space in the Garment District, but we’ve been remote since the world shut down. Our Slack channels stay buzzing with rapid fire project collaboration and pet photos.
- We’re small, but we know we need to be competitive with salaries if we’re going to attract good folks. We don’t have a foosball table but we offer the important perks: health insurance, dental, vision, and 401(k) match. We have lives outside the office and don’t work weekends.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with an email/cover letter introducing yourself to the team.